Gift Card Program
What is it?
- A non-selling gift card campaign that allows you to pay face value for gift cards to over 300 retailers; and redeem the gift cards for full face value when you do your everyday shopping.
- Example: If you purchase a $50.00 gift card from Lowes, you can redeem that gift card for $50.00 in merchandise.
How Does it work?
- Members simply buy gas, groceries, clothing, books movies and restaurant meals, just like they do now. The only difference is they make these purchases with gift cards they purchase from the church.
- The church will receive a rebate ranging from 2% to 15% or more on every gift card purchase depending on the retailer.
Sis. Jackson reviews her budget for the week and will make the following purchases:
$150.00 (2%) groceries from Wal-mart
$ 75.00 (9%) dinner for (4) at Red Lobster
$ 50.00 (1.5%) gas from BP
$ 25.00 (10%) clothing from Macy’s
Sis Jackson decides to purchase gift cards to make these purchases earning $13.50 rebate for the church.
What’s in it for me?
- Gives me the opportunity to plan and budget my household expenses
- I’m not spending any additional money that I wouldn’t already be spending
- Great way to give back to the church
- Total rebates earned will be included in my yearly contribution statement (for income tax purposes)
- Purchase gift cards 24/7 through website
- Gift cards are reloadable
Benefits to ALCC
- Encourages members to plan and budget their finances
- No startup cost
- Funds start growing with the first gift card order placed
- Free recordkeeping program
- Will receive rebate ranging from 2% to 15% or more
- Not limited to ALCC members. Anyone can purchase gift cards through the campaign as long as they use ALCC’s Id
How to access gift cards
Step 1 https://www.shopwithscrip.com/index.aspx
Step 2 Go to family sign up
Step 3 Follow the prompts
Step 4 Put in the code: CL6B35AD33581
Step 5 Go to home page and place orders